Installing PVC Wall Panels in Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking into installing PVC wall panels in my bathroom that is partially tiled with mismatched tiles, rather than taking the old tiles out and putting new ones in.

I cant find much information from sources other than the manufacturers. So I have lots of questions

1. Are they really as easy to install as the companies claim?
2. How is the look and feel, I'm looking for something celan, crisp, and new, nothing fancy, but I dont want it to look like a hospital bathroom
3. Does anyone have any particular recommendations for companies?
4. How does the ceiling paneling actually hold-up -- I'd be afraid of it falling off?
5. Can you put them on the floor? or alternatively is there a company that does wall, celling and floor that all matches?
6. I'm looking at www.fascias.co.uk, anyone had any experience with this company?

thanks
Lindsay

Sponsored Links
Do you mean this :?: If not, can you tell us where about on that link

300_t&g_200_127.jpg

MARBREX.........`kin brilliant stuff..did my shower room with it ;)

Sponsored Links
Still can't see it :oops:

If you type in shower wall panel in google, plenty there to chose from.

Here one of them

Masona,

thanks for your persistance,

if you are still interested in finding the facia.co.uk ones, I think it will work to go to the site and do a search for "bathroom"

anyway, I did look at the site you suggest, but I'm still no further forward

-- any idea anyone as to what these look like in a bathroom, are they cheap and plasticy or are they much the same as tiles in appearance, do the ceilings start to sag eventually

Look good in my house .....that`s virtually the same as the Marbrex I used from a local supplier....ceiling is fine too

Okay, I’ve seen it now
LindsayO said:
Looking at the fixing guide, you will need to batten all round the room & ceiling (if needed) I would say a minimum 2"x1" timber, so your room size will be reduce about 75mm in total. I haven't read it all but the door frame will need some external edge moulding & also the bath, basin, toilet will need to come forward to allow for the batten with the cladding and this could where it will be fiddly to do.
2. How is the look and feel, I'm looking for something celan, crisp, and new, nothing fancy, but I dont want it to look like a hospital bathroom
The panel width is 250mm and you will see loads of line where the joint is I would've thought, poor picture to see although you can get a free sample. Make sure the floor to ceiling is no more than 2.6m
3. Does anyone have any particular recommendations for companies?
There are loads out there so I can't comment on them
4. How does the ceiling paneling actually hold-up -- I'd be afraid of it falling off?
The same way as we do upvc cladding, nails, staples or clip onto the batten.
5. Can you put them on the floor? or alternatively is there a company that does wall, celling and floor that all matches?
I would say no as it will break or crack and it would slippery.
6. I'm looking at www.fascias.co.uk, anyone had any experience with this company?
I haven't but I do know people who has and are happy with them but does depends on what you're buying, best to ring them or have a look at client room sample if there's one in your local area(?)

masona said:
Okay, I’ve seen it now
LindsayO said:
Looking at the fixing guide, you will need to batten all round the room & ceiling (if needed) I would say a minimum 2"x1" timber, so your room size will be reduce about 75mm in total. I haven't read it all but the door frame will need some external edge moulding & also the bath, basin, toilet will need to come forward to allow for the batten with the cladding and this could where it will be fiddly to do.
[

thanks masona,

I think using battens is only one option, I think they also say you can use sealant to fix it directly onto old tile, at least on the walls.
I probably would only do it round the bath and not the toilet, but would definitely not consider this if I had to move any of the fixtures

look at Mermaid water proof panels,

they are a little bit more expensive but no studding required, they are also made from waterproof laminate not plastic so are hard, not a bit squiggy like the plastic waffle style.

will look for the website

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back