installing sink in garage from bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all can I take hot and cold feed from upstairs bathroom through the rear wall and through the loft space of the rear porch and down into the garage to the sink
or from bathroom with the hot out and down to the sink in the porch to add hot water to the downstairs toilet and then take both hot and cold to the garage from downstairs toilet

Sponsored Links
Is it your house? Have you asked your landlord?
how would we know what you are capable of doing?

hi all can I take hot and cold feed from upstairs bathroom through the rear wall and through the loft space of the rear porch and down into the garage to the sink
or from bathroom with the hot out and down to the sink in the porch to add hot water to the downstairs toilet and then take both hot and cold to the garage from downstairs toilet

Yes, probably.

It depends on the layout of your house and garage! Also, once in the garage how are the pipes insulated? If there's no way to assure it won't get cold (ie frozen in winter) then it would be sensible to fit some valves within the house, so that if it did burst, the valves could be closed and not leave you with no water.

Sponsored Links
Good advice I was given one time. Any outside/unheated space pipes are islolated inside and then during winter, drain the pipes down everytime they are used to avoid bursts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back