Installing Toilet with no Drop?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to re-arrange the bathroom, but the place I want to put the Toilet is 2 metres from the soil & only allows a 1" drop.

What is the minimum drop I can have or are there any solutions to this problem?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Don't know what the drop should be, but you could consider placing the toilet on a 2in plinth.

you may get away with 1" fall over 2 meters though ideally it would be no less than about 40mm , the only other options that i can think of are to seat your toilet on a raised plinth which you can buy from any plumbers merchants ,or install a saniflow system to reduce the diameter of your pipe and therefore increase the gradient , though id go for the plinth anyday to be honest. an offset pan connector might also give you a little more space to play with

thanks guys.

I'll have another measure up, as it seems close & I'll maybe get another 1/2" with Tiling!

What's the big problem with Saniflow then?

ta

Sponsored Links
Just thinking....missus wants a more modern looking toilet.

Is the height of the outlet the same on all toilets or do they vary?

What about those wall hung, shallow pan type with the in wall cistern, would I get extra height with one of those (without mounting it at an unusual height, which the missus would spot & moan about).

ta

the majority of toilets outlets are all the same ,around a 7" center youll have to check with the manufacturer as to the dimensions of the wall hung ones etc etc , the problem with saniflow is the noise and when they break down they are the most disgusting thing ever created to try and repair :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back