installing towel rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im installing a chrome towel rad. when i connect the pipes in does it matter which side the flow and return goes into, as i cant remember which is the flow and return??

Sponsored Links
thanks seco. i have 2 plumb the pipes underneath the floorboards in2 the rad and thought it mattered which was flow and return :)

sorry if my next question sounds silly, but the chrome rad valves i got, can they go on any side of the radiator, or are they specific?

are they just chrome rad valves or one a trv ?
if just standard rad valves fit any end.

useally flow on the left looking at rad but don't matter

Sponsored Links
Whilst on the topic, why do towel rads often have no valve? Appearance reasons?

Cost reasons ;) or on a gravity circuit from the domestic hot water

Normally a valve is not fitted to a towel rad because it is required to dry towels regardless of the room temperature and therefore should remain hot whenever the boiler is running. If you do not intend to dry towels on it, you can fit a valve (TRV) if you wish, and it becomes a posh rad. The answer stating that towel rads can be found on DHW circuits and therefore do not require valves is incorrect. A valve can be fitted to a towel rad in a DHW circuit, but my first answer still applies.

Normally a valve is not fitted to a towel rad because it is required to dry towels regardless of the room temperature...
Interesting, how do you balance this towel rad without a valve? I take it your are not a plumber or RGI.

. The answer stating that towel rads can be found on DHW circuits and therefore do not require valves is incorrect. A valve can be fitted to a towel rad in a DHW circuit, but my first answer still applies.
Ohh Matron . I consider myself told off :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back