installing two indirect hot water cylinders

Sponsored Links
If you have 4 pipes off boiler, 2 x 22mm and 2 x 28mm then this would be a gravity primary and may well be the reason your cylinder takes about 1 hour to re-heat. A system upgrade would be needed and beneficial to you if that is the case. You could do that yourself ;)

I have a feeling that Albion make the plumb center brand cylinders but I do not know for certain :)

I wouldn't mind betting that what i have is a gravity primary system. In order to upgrade like you say would i need to change the boiler or can i just add some pumps etc.. (after i have read into it some more :) )

You could upgrade your present system to fully pumped. Various ways to do this, pump on each circuit, an actual twin pump pump or motorised zone valve kit as previous post picture. New programmer and cyl stat needed but these would be in the kit.

The amount of work needed to acheive this and cost will be individual to your system, but if you do it yourself then not too expensive.

Sponsored Links
ok thanks very much for the advice, Easter is coming up soon and i have the new bathroom to fit. Therefore i think i will continue with the way it is and get a shower which is suitable for low and high pressure and then move on to sorting out the rest of the plumbing in the house.

Next project will definitely be upgrade to fast recovery cylinder on fully pumped system.

Conclusion : Its not just as simple as adding a booster pump to an exisiting system, which i have found out.

Thanks for all the input everybody!

Regards

Adrian

If you go for the fast recovery cylinder it is best to rewire the controls to Honeywell W Plan. So that the cylinder gets all the heat from the boiler when it needs it. This will speed recovery time (4 mins on smaller cylinder)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back