instantaneous water heater to run off cold storage tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive been asked to fit a 25 gallon storage tank on top of a cabin and put somesort of water heater inside the cabin that produces some hot water for wahing hands only?!
apparently they need it in there so they are alowed to work on site.

anyway, as i have never done this apart from off mains is there a heater out there that will run off such low pressure? maybe a 7/10 litre storage heater for under/oversink?!

there is no mains near this cabn so they need to top the tank up maually, but they say it will never be used, apart from showing the inspector that its there if necessary?!
cheers ears

Sponsored Links
There was a vented oversink electric water heater which held about 2-3 litres. It had a glass body with measured graduations showing the volume. It was filled up manually and then heated and had a second tap to a spout pipe over the sink.

In fact I think we still have one somewhere!

Tony

Sponsored Links
i would have thought a small 50lts cylinder would have surficed but would need a level switch involved.
but then again, what about the legonelia issue.

nope without a pump to raise working pressure an oversink heater will just trip out.

Its an old one I know, but Hey Iam in a party mood :D

image002.jpg

I'll get me coat and another St ella on me way out :oops:

its going to have flow and pressure problems im afraid.

any way swidders get back into the general discussion forum :LOL:

Surely a Burco boiler will surfice, mounted above a small hand wash basin.
After all its only for show.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back