instructions to program Worcester 28si combi boil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a place with the Worcester 28si combi boiler and it is driving me mad as the heating comes on and goes off at random times, i think previous tenant was a bat !!!
Ihave tried to change it but being femail its over my head,
can anyone help please ?

Sponsored Links
the boiler has 4 settings - on - on once - on twice - off
then it has a SET button and a YES button.
also an ADVANCE button
Two Dials for how hot you want the water and the heating and a tiny button between these two dials with a triangle emblem on it.
I would like to know how to set the boiler to come on at 6.30am - go off at 8.00am then come on at 5.30pm and go off at midnight
at the moment i have to keep checking the boiler as the C/H on indicator light is often flashing so i have to press the tiny button with the triangle emblem on and that makes the automatic ignition start up and the heating then comes on. Unfortunately it does not stay on for long before it stops again ? The times are all messed up on the programms but i dont know how to re-programm it with out a set of instuctions.

Sponsored Links
Hi Hils181,

I use to have one of these boilers so this is from memory!
(if you could post a photo of the display that would be great.)

Is the time set correctly? Through pressing the SET button the first option is normally to set the time, by pressing YES it should allow you to adjust the time
If you continue to press the SET button if will give you days of the week options (each day can be programmed individually or MON - FRI and SAT/SUN)

The ADVANCE button is for overriding the timer and temporarily putting the boiler on. It will stay on until the next time change unless you turn it off.

If you can press the buttons enough to understand the current setting, i.e you know that it is coming on at 3pm, can you see that setting?

And then tell me what it looks like I should be able to help. It's very difficult when you can't visualise something, but I promise they are not that hard!

Good luck!

You have described it exactly, i will give it a try over the weekend and see if i can crack it through your instructions. Thankyou very much for your help.

i have a worcester 28si too, many thanks for sticking this up as like most things, it's easy when you know how. much appreciated. Malc :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back