Worcester 28Si (MKI)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there.

Wondering if any of you experienced heating engineers can help me out.
I have a client who last year had her water valve replaced on her MkI 28Si.
The thing is that he left a rubber hose on the nipple (to the left of the flow rate adjuster on the valve) to drain off water that only seems to leak from it in C/H mode.
I thought that he'd bodged the repair - the original was also leaking - and replaced it with a faulty valve.
It was only when I replaced the 'faulty' valve again and the problem persisted that I realised that there is more to it than meets the eye.
I have spent ages on the phone to Worcester who could not explain what or why anything was leaking, and only succeeded in verifying that the water valve should work up to 10bar, and maybe the house water pressure is too high. I have tested it and it is around 3.5bar so more head-scratching...
I had no M.I. to consult but since getting home and checking online find that the valve needs to be calibrated - quote M.I. 'The new flow-switch must be set to deliver the correct flow rate to give a temperature rise of 40°C ie 10 l/min (28Si) or 9 l/min (25Si).'
Wouldn't have thought that not adjusting it would lead to it leaking but then I wouldn't be suprised anymore.
Could anyone advise me as to why it is leaking please?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back