Insulated plasterboard or something similar.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it going to be worth it?

Would insulating internal side of outside walls(cavity) be advisable?

These walls are all in storage cupboards that have outside walls in them, they all link to hallway which is very cold.

Would insulating the walls make much difference to these areas, or is there something else that i could do?

If it's feasible, what's the best insulation & how thick would it need to be to make a difference? Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Insulating exterior wall is usually a good idea.

Last edited:
Insulting exterior wall is usually a good idea.
Yes, you can keep warm jumping up and down, shouting:
"You ugly lumpy wall! Call yourself flat! I've seen rusty corrugated that looks better than you...etc" ;)

Sponsored Links
Joking aside, a bit more info might bring you more specific answers - What is the problem you're wanting to solve? What's the outcome you seek to achieve?

Joking aside, a bit more info might bring you more specific answers - What is the problem you're wanting to solve? What's the outcome you seek to achieve?
Gist of it is to try & make one part of the house as warm as i can. This part is North facing, the hallway is damned cold(nowhere to install any heat source.

I have 3 storage cupboards, 2 downstairs & 1 upstairs which have walls on that side. So in my mind, if i could put extra insulation on these walls it might help(not sure)

We have an outside shed attached to the house, which i have put a uPVC door on & replaced a window on that side too. We have a uPVC double glazed door on that side.

I've replaced towel radiator in bathroom with a bigger one & put in an electric radiator in downstairs toilet(which had no heat). I've also replaced single panel radiator on stairs with a double one. All that has definitely helped a bit
& walls are cavity filled.

Not sure apart from more insulation, what more i can do.

Any help gratefully received.

I said insulating exterior wall not insulating exterior of wall .
Apologies foxhole, read that wrong. That's information i am looking for.

Is insulated plasterboard the best way? If not, what is?

What are the pros & cons of doing it & what else could i do? Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back