insulateing solid brick walls

and kingspan on there web site put the batten on the wall and the kingspan on top of that ,so you have a air gap against the cold wall so who do you believe ? I am now at a loss as to which way to go.

Sponsored Links
I have just read the celotex pdf again and i stand to be corrected,but the way I read it you put the celotex against the brickwork and the battens on top of the celotex then apply your plaster board to the battens so your air gap is between the plaster board and the celotex,ie air gap on the warm side of your insulation board
I don't think your 'damp man' would be happy to loose the air gap next to brick, but that is what the application brochure says. :confused: At least Celotex won't absorb moister like mineral wool. You would also loose the 0.469 R value of the reflective vented cavity. On the plus side, you won't need to use arsenic laden, tanalised battens against the brick. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back