Insulating a Garage Door

M

mevtickin3

Hi guys,

I'd like to insulate 2 metal Cardale up and over doors, for a bit of soundproofing and to even out the temperature a bit.

The garage is brick built (2 skim) with loft and plaster boarded ceiling. It has a painted concrete floor and I've sealed the room as much as possible to cut down on dust and moisture.

I was planning on using 25mm celotex boards, cut to size and attached- but I wasn't sure how best to attach to the doors?

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Spray foam? sticks like poo.
How to insulate the gaps at the edges now.... ??

Thanks for the replies,

That's fine if it doesn't effect temperature, I'd still go ahead based on the sound dampening.

Would gripfill do the job to keep the panels attached?

I was going to buy 25mm sheets of celotex and use smaller pieces to the insulation to pad it out to make it level to the frame.

Sponsored Links
I used a roll of insulation (foil on both sides) bought off ebay.
It was cut to shape then stuck on with a spray glue and the gaps sealed with foil tape.
The doors now don't give out condensation in the winter or put heat out in the summer - a worthwile job :)

Would this help at all with condensation on a single skin garage? Or would it make it worse?

I seem to get moisture at pretty much every point in our garage and its driving me mad!

It stops condensation on the door.
I painted the walls (it a sectional concrete garage) with masonary paint but found in winter the walls were cold so decided to fix batons to the walls then use moisture resistant chipboard flooring for the walls with some poly insulation slipped behind. I then painted the walls with emulsion to brighten it up and with kingspan on the roof and plastic follor tiles i find it a lot better - not freexing in winter and cool in summer

painted walls and floor

Batons on walls and poly insulation

painted chipboard walls, plastic floor tiles, kingspan on roof - this is how it now looks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back