Insulating a shed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just needed to find out how to do the above correctly, as I've had mixed signals from some research I have already done & forums I have been on.
In a nutshell, I was going to use rockwall for the walls & roof. But was not sure on how to insulate them correctly.
What I mean is, do I put the polythene membrane against the shed wall? or rockwall against the shed wall first (which order) to acheive my goal?
I have a T & G floor which came with the shed, but I wanted to put some kind of boarding over the exsisting floor, but wanted to know If I needed to put some kind of membrane between the floors as well?
I was going to seal all the cracks & gaps inside with clear sealant, & expandable foam before I did all of this, & I have also thought about putting 1 vent in one of the walls as well.
I just wan't to avoid all the the moisture, & damp pitfulls there are to all of this.
Sorry for the long explanation, but I wan't to get this right from the off, &
really need some help as I've never done this before.

Thanks
Darren

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back