Insulating Conrete Garage Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm renovating my garage that currently has concrete floor, my garage floor is level with my house floor currently.
I'm looking for the cheapest possible way to insulate the floor without having to put timber frames down or dig up the concrete. Could anyone point me in the direction of the cheapest materials to use to do this and all materials/tools required.

I am hoping to do this myself, if not I will supply materials ready for someone to just put in place.

Over this laminate flooring will be placed.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You don't say if this is a conversion done under Building Regs, or something you are doing informally.
Assuming it's the latter, you get what you pay for. The cheapest insulation would be thin (6mm) polystyrene sheet, but you will hardly notice the difference.
A moderately cheap fix would be a sheet of polythene, 2x2 battens @ 16" centres, 50 insulation board between, finished with OSB and your laminate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back