Garage conversion insulate floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am planning the conversion of my garage into a workspace and want to make sure it's warm in the winter.

It is a detached garage and the current concrete floor won't be insulated.

My first question is do I need to insulate it? I will be insulating the walls and roof.

I can't raise the floor much due to doors so don't want to use the really thick insulation boards.

Is there a thinnish lining/underlay that I could use that has insulation built into it? I'm not 100% sure on the final floor finish, I just need it to be white or grey, so can either put laminate down or concrete. Though I don't think concrete finish would be the best for warmth.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Insulation to walls and ceiling most important, what is the main door? Will it be removed?

Insulation to walls and ceiling most important, what is the main door? Will it be removed?

The garage door will be bricked in.

The plan is then to put some large french doors or bifolds onto the side which overlooks the garden.

I just need to figure the floor out as the height will affect the fit of the new french doors.

Sponsored Links
Is there an underlay you can buy to go under laminate which has DPM and insulation built-in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back