insulating roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have read through most of the insulation posts on here and im still unsure what to do with my roof.

my situation is that i have a 3 story 100 yr old house and the top room has no insulation between lath and paster and roof slate. ive started romoving lath and plaster as i was told to use tri iso super 9 or superquilt and simply staple to roof rafters, then batton off with lath and plasterboard on top. i also have been playing with the idea of 50 mm kingspan backed plaster board, but am unsure what to do on outer corners of the walls. another idea was to use kingspan between the rafters and use a mesh to hold it in and board straight on to rafters so not to loose any size of room and also affect my door and window frames. id like to know if any one has used these methods and if there is any flaw's or most importantly condensation issues what i should look out for??

hope someone can put my mind at rest.

eddy

Sponsored Links
Regards condensation:

Does your roof have a venting system in place i.e. via the soffit/fascia or via over-fascia vents, or breathable membrane?

hi no it doesnt, i was told a while ago to maybe consider putting vents in my facia, would this prevent the condensation??

thanks for replying, i think im going for 50mm foil backed kingspan option inbetween rafters but try leave a 25 mm gap to slate and plaster so it can breath, do u think this is ok?? im still wary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back