Flat roof insulation advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
noobnoob999.297324
Hi :)
I have just bought a house in need of much renovation! One room is flat roof and I am unsure if I need to add any insulation between the rafters or if there is a layer of inuslation above the boards and the space between the rafters is for air flow. Any advice welcome :)
Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Google warm and cold flat roofs and compare the images to what you have.

noobnoob999.297324
I have just bought a house in need of much renovation! One room is flat roof and I am unsure if I need to add any insulation between the rafters or if there is a layer of inuslation above the boards and the space between the rafters is for air flow. Any advice welcome :)
Thanks
If you decide to upgrade the insulation, be aware of your obligation towards guarding against condensation risk. Due to the headache of venting cold roofs, the sensible option is to always go for a warm deck method. There are hybrid options but these require installer diligence and a fair bit of faff to prevent condensation risk. Hybrids can also use up valuable void space (electrics, plumbing runs, downlight space etc).

Sponsored Links
noobnoob999.297324
Thanks
Steve roofer channel on YouTube is the authority on the design criteria of flat roof design

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back