Insulating single skin pantry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small lean to pantry single skin brick with plaster on the inside, no render on the outside. I want to insulate the wall.

I'm going to fix a baton system to the wall

Does it make much difference fixing insulation between 50mm batons, as opposed to 25mm batons with insulated plasterboard over the top (thus creating a cavity)?

I've read a few places that insulation between batons has resulted in condensation forming, however this theoretically shouldn't happen unless warm air is somehow making contact with the wall.

Sponsored Links
I have a small lean to pantry single skin brick with plaster on the inside, no render on the outside. I want to insulate the wall.

I'm going to fix a baton system to the wall

Does it make much difference fixing insulation between 50mm batons, as opposed to 25mm batons with insulated plasterboard over the top (thus creating a cavity)?

I've read a few places that insulation between batons has resulted in condensation forming, however this theoretically shouldn't happen unless warm air is somehow making contact with the wall.
Fill any void you can with PIR. Foil tape every joint or gap. Add as thick a layer of insulation across the battens as you dare. Foil tape the b'jeezus out of these too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back