Damp on single skin extension

P

pearl1

Hi, any advice would be great...... I want to eliminate the damp in my toilet/utility which has a single skin wall. I also want to insulate the walls maybe with celotex batonned against the walls, then boarded with the insulated palsterboard. I am best hacking the old plaster off, apply a render water proof coat, then baton, insulate and then board???

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Single skin walls are going to be hard to keep dry but i think i would render it with water proofer then paint some sandtex or weathersheild paint on . Then batten celotex then ur plasterboard. You could put up some plastic vapor barrier after you put up your insulation.

cheers... would that be membrane like they put down for damp course??

Sponsored Links
similar just alot thiner . its clear in coulor. if you say vapour barrier for walls they should know what ur after at a builders merchant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back