Insulating solid walls and creating a stud wall, cost per m2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a small commercial unit that is around 10 yrs old that adjoins two older properties, my building shares two solid walls with these older properties.

These old solid walls are damp in various degrees.
I've been advised to cover with a waterproof membrane (Newton or similar) and then create a stud wall that is insulated with 75mm Kingspan, as i'm going to be hanging wall units on these wall its also been suggested that 25mm ply is used to overboard the whole lot before plasterboarding so I'll have something to screw into. The plasterboard will be to a tape finish.

Does all this sound reasonable and what would I expect to pay?

Sponsored Links
I'm being quoted £140 p/m2, which seemed a bit pricey! I'd have a go myself but there's quite a lot if it 25m x3m and it would take me too long on my own.

Get a few more quotes.

ATEOTD, if you don't want to DIY it then you will have to pay whatever people charge, no matter how expensive it seems here - the first company you asked are not going to come down from £140/m² to £80 just because you tell them that you got that price off an Internet forum....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back