Insulating suspended floor with multifoil?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a 1970's house with a suspended floor. During the winter the floor gets very cold and I want to fix this.
I have access to under the floor through a small hatch.
I can not lift the floorboards up to insulate from above, so am trying to do it from below.
The floor currently has approx 4 inches of normal insulation (the itchy stuff) between the joists.
I was thinking about topping this insulation up with multifoil, my question is, would it be OK to staple this into the underside of the suspended joists, or does it have to go over the top of each joist? And would the screwfix superquilt stuff be OK to use?

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Highly contentious product. Many people do not believe it works very well at all and what you are proposing to do does not meet fitting requirements, which are 25 mm still air-gap on both sides of the foil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back