Insulating underlay for wood laminate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm going to install wood laminate onto a concrete floor, and I want to make sure its well insulated.

I've bought Combilay from B&Q (3mm thick integrated DPM / foam material) but now am wondering if there is anything better out there?

Any suggestions welcome.

thanks

Sponsored Links
WoodYouLike said:
philipdayton said:
Try this :D

www.wickes.co.uk/invt/620000[/QUOTE]
Bit OTT and needs separate DPM.
The combi underlay works fine
i agree about ott but confused on you saying needs separate dpm. only on floor which rh is above 75% and not on any wooden based subfloor. i have read alot of your posts and agree with your comments and you seam to have very good knowledge on wooden floors. but stand to disagree on this one with out trying to offend you! anyway if want good underlay i would use duralay timbermate. and if installing over wooden subfloor make sure you put small cuts in foil side of underlay as can cause subfloor to sweat if left sealed.

Sponsored Links
Hi mattysupra.
What I meant was on concrete floors you need a dpm and sound-insulation. The product shown on the link doesn't contain a DPM, so a separate DPM is needed in this case. Or a not OTT combi-underlayment.

Timbermate is an excellent product when you need thicker underlayment: duralex is the one without DPM (for on existing floorboards or sheetmaterial), Excell is the one with a DPM (for concrete/screed floors).

PS, was that at Europarket?? (your sig I mean)

answer to wood you like- it was at domotex in germany. im the u.k team captain in the european floor laying compertition thats held there once a year. if you have a look on nicf web page it will tell you more.

mattysupra said:
answer to wood you like- it was at domotex in germany. im the u.k team captain in the european floor laying compertition thats held there once a year. if you have a look on nicf web page it will tell you more.
Found the report on Domotex website. Which one on the picture are you? :LOL:

mattysupra said:
red and blue t shirt in the middle of the other two lads wearing the same.
Must have been fun. We normally visit Europarket, not last year though, too busy. There they have design parquet contests.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back