insulation exterior wall/floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
to explain:. we had a door bricked up so that we could use the wall for kitchen units. it all looks good - but - i think the builders did nothing about insulating that area at all. so, its a bit chilly. underneath the kitchen units there is just floorboards, and in between the mini gaps between the plinths there are drafts now that winter has arrived.

so, my questions are: any ideas about the bricked up wall? assume i cant do much now. however, would it work to insulate the floors under the units with something like loft insulation/space blankets? or is there something else that i can use?

Sponsored Links
What as used in the wall, would expect thermalite os similar which already have thermal qualities, if you have a draught it's not from the door? You need to stop the draught entering the room.Is this ground floor?

What as used in the wall, would expect thermalite os similar which already have thermal qualities, if you have a draught it's not from the door? You need to stop the draught entering the room.Is this ground floor?

yes this is the ground floor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back