Insulation issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Can someone tell me if this the norm.

I have laid sheets of Celotex to my block and beam floor and I was having liquid screed installed.

However, after 24 hours of laying the boards, they started warping and curling up at the edges.

The floor screeder said it was to bad for him, so I got in touch with Celotex and they sent a rep.

Although the guy on the phone from technical was hesitant to admit that they were faulty, he did.

The rep then tried to turn it around onto us and said it was to do with us walking on them. When the board makes a cracking sound from walking on them you are creating a difference in the tension between the top and bottom of the board and this along with cold air will cause them to warp.

If this is the case how are you supposed to use liquid screed. You have to walk on them after they are laid to fit the membrane.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back