insulation storage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question.

I've got a quanity of kingsspan and similiar insulation which I plan to use in the future. Ive been advised that it should be stored under cover and not in the open as it can soak up water and that sunlight has an effect too.Is this true?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply. I've had to removed saturated rockwool in the past so I know all about its absorbant properities but I wasn't sure about the kingsspan celotex type . The reason being that we had used 25mm boards to protect lime render recently and rather than see it just thrown away, and there are quite a few sheets, I decided to bring it all home. It has been outside for about the last two months but still seems dry inside and only damp at the edge surfaces. The effect of the sunlight was making me think too. I know it affects plastics (like the two dozen bags of gravel I tried to move recently) but I'm just not sure what if anything it would do to the insulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back