Insulation type

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the most effect flexible sound and heat insulation I can use in-between my ceiling joist, see picture

Attachments

• 20200129_143521.jpg
    20200129_143521.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 151
Sponsored Links
Which do you want, sound insulation or heat insulation? You don't get to have both unless you drop the ceiling level.

And if that's another room of your house above, why would you want to heat insulate anyway?!

Acoustic mineral wool batts between the joists.
Then if you need better thermal performance, put a layer of e.g. Kingspan over the bottom of the joists.

would ant loaf insulation roll of 200mm do the job
I need to insulated the two rooms, this on and the one above it as both will have under floor heating.

Sponsored Links
If you have underfloor heating, that manufacturer would specify the insulation required. Typically, you would need a reflective foil or metal tray.

yes there will be underfloor heating with aluminum spreader plats. I have the CAD drawing from the under floor heating but nothing mentioned about insulation in-between the joist. I understand the rigid board is the best but are not flexible. So I am thinking of 200mm loaf insulation.

Spreader plates are to hold the pipework, not reflect the heat.

You'll end up with a hot floor and ceiling, but a cold room.

sorry for the confusion. this ceiling is the floor for the room above, the picture was taken when I am standing on the GF room which will have UFH and showing beneath the FF room which I will installing UFH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back