Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have discovered that my house has no cavities that can be filled and the outside (it's a semi) walls are really cold.

Any suggestions of how to insulate on the inside of bathroom before new suite goes in, and kitchen which is fully fitted with new units?

Sponsored Links
You could build a false wall and insulate it but you will lose 4-5 inches off your room.

Easy enough to do with 3 x 2 wood and plasterboard. :D

You can get insulation backed plasterboard, won't eat into the room so much.
Or try fixing aquapanel thermal board to plasterboard that's been dot/dabbed. You can then tile over this.

:D wow! Thanks for ideas, the aquapanel thermal boards or insulated plasterboard sounds perfect.

Sponsored Links
Wish I'd done that before fitting/tilling my bathroom :(

2 walls are external and are tilled. Place is like a sodding freezer in winter!

With hindsight, I'd have battened, insulated with something like Kinspan / jablite (safe for that job??), P Boarded/Aqua Paneled and tilled.

Oh well, lesson learned... :rolleyes:

I remember reading ages ago about a type of paint that could be used to paint the outer walls, it wasnt as effective as normal insulation, but it did help... it was expensive if I recall correctly.

perhaps you'e thinking of anti-condensation paint. It had chips of cork in it. You'd have needed a coat two inches thick to do much good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back