Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a whole loft floor to insulate, 300mm. Approx 6m by 6m. Where is the best place to buy it all and get delivered? When I insulated my old house it was when b&q were selling it subsidised by the energy companies. I was just popping along and chucking a couple of rolls in the car every so often. Its a lot more expensive now. I havent got any trade accounts anywhere etc. Am i best off just google searching it?

Sponsored Links
Compare the best price you can get from your local builders merchants with some of the insulation online retailers. The last time I bought a large-ish amount (for all my under slab insulation) the latter was cheaper.

Yes I just googled around and ordered the cheapest, then in the end SIG insulation delivered it and they said they work for all the online places as insulation isn't worth posting across the country.

If the £40 for two packs delivered is too much, try getting on the Green deal and pay a few pence monthly on your leccy bill

Sponsored Links
Some energy suppliers do it for free, supply and fit, I know British gas has the scheme available for anyone with less than 100mm in their loft.

How does the Green Deal work now? I understand that the government have stopped funding it.

Our loft insulation was done in 2001 and although that's not old, it seems to be of poor quality and has been simply tossed aside when the boards were put down, resulting in two piles at either end of the loft space.

Green deal is dead at the moment though there was talk about some additional funding in the future, you may get lucking and find independent finance but it's not readily advertised.
You may be able to get help from the eco if you qualify.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back