INSULTING COMMENTS

Sponsored Links
I've never really taken the time to work out what profession the insulters are but I think the worst thing is that the genuine posts go way off topic. So someone posts a serious comment or question but doesn't always find out the answer.

As mentioned earlier, sometimes I think it's just humour - the sort of mock arguments you would have with your work mates. Other times it's serious insults, but it's difficult to tell which is which when you are dealing with a bunch of people you don't know. I don't mind the jokey ones as they are quite amusing.

Now shut the f**k up :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I think I have a good idea which the really insulting people are.

No mate, you don't have a clue.

Yes I do.

You may consider me to be your mate, but I don't reciprocate!

Are you going to tell me how old you are, or did you conveniently forget?

You are taking this internet stuff far too seriously.

And am I going to tell you, a stranger on the net, personal details, what do you think, why are you even asking, you must be desperate to try such a ply?

What next, plane tickets bitch?

If you actually look at my posts, you will see I have two different styles.

Mr serious, and Mr "troll".

This is the internet mate, lighten up, if everyone in GD was nice and amenable it would be dead boring.

Thing is Peterprickstop....as has been said already... Not everyone reading your drivel realises how poor the advice might be. You evade direct questions you can't Google the answer to and continually abuse a trade you are obviously very envious of.

Pot and kettle spring to mind.

You coming in here to bleat about being put down in the plumbing forum his, frankly hilarious.

I don't class myself as an expert, but I am a professional. To watch you try and belittle some true experts with your poorly thought out rants does make us all laugh.

So Peter. Belt up and grow a pair FFS. You're pathetic.

Why oh why do certain people continually persist in throwing insulting comments at people who just happen to have a different view of their own ?.

It's true. Of course, there are insults and there are 'insults'! I am quite happy to read the sort that are said in a jocular fashion - the sort of thing that good mates might say to each other.

Unfortunately, it's not always clear which way they are meant when posted on the internet although, having read many comments by members of this forum, I think I have a good idea which the really insulting people are.

Are you quite sure re: your last statement, have you never heard of the "BACKSTABBERS" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thing is Peterprickstop....as has been said already... Not everyone reading your drivel realises how poor the advice might be. You evade direct questions you can't Google the answer to and continually abuse a trade you are obviously very envious of.

Pot and kettle spring to mind.

You coming in here to bleat about being put down in the plumbing forum his, frankly hilarious.

I don't class myself as an expert, but I am a professional. To watch you try and belittle some true experts with your poorly thought out rants does make us all laugh.

So Peter. Belt up and grow a pair FFS. You're pathetic.

And YOU Dustbinman dan (called that- because you 'take anything and everything in) are like a dog with a well chewed bone .
I really am glad I amuse you and add something to your life .

After all- you must be bored or short of work right now.

Silly little boy . :LOL:

ps-- envious of a plumbers trade ? :LOL:

C'mon bud-- since when has plumbing been a trade ?.

Anyone can fit plastic . :LOL:

You are taking this internet stuff far too seriously.

And am I going to tell you, a stranger on the net, personal details, what do you think, why are you even asking, you must be desperate to try such a ply?

What next, plane tickets ****?

If you actually look at my posts, you will see I have two different styles.

Mr serious, and Mr "troll".

I'd say you have only one style: Mr Prat.

No, I didn't expect you to disclose your age. I'd guess at around thirteen.

Why oh why do certain people continually persist in throwing insulting comments at people who just happen to have a different view of their own ?.

Most common insulters are plumbers .
I know it is tough for them right now now we have E European Plumbers coming over and charging much less for the work. But- that is competition and allowed in Eurpean Union.
However it is the same minority who continually insult and offend dcent posters every time a post is posted that just not happen to agreewith their views.

Live and let live I say .. And please refrain from insults .

We all need to make a living --lets all pull together .

I'm not sure re: the highest prevalence being among plumbers but I've definitely noticed that this forum has a problem with regards to absence of manners. I'm 28 and have been using the Internet since I was 13 so I feel I've got experience enough to know when politeness is unusually absent (normalised to the standard usually found on the Internet).

I think that the forum needs to be moderated more to foster a friendlier culture lest it loose users to other DIY forums. I've been helped a lot here and I know that most people are pleasant most of the time.

Most common insulters are plumbers .
I know it is tough for them right now now we have E European Plumbers coming over and charging much less for the work. But- that is competition and allowed in Eurpean Union.
However it is the same minority who continually insult and offend dcent posters every time a post is posted that just not happen to agreewith their views.

Live and let live I say .. And please refrain from insults .

We all need to make a living --lets all pull together .

I'm not sure re: the highest prevalence being among plumbers but I've definitely noticed that this forum has a problem with regards to absence of manners. I'm 28 and have been using the Internet since I was 13 so I feel I've got experience enough to know when politeness is unusually absent (normalised to the standard usually found on the Internet).

I think that the forum needs to be moderated more to foster a friendlier culture lest it loose users to other DIY forums. I've been helped a lot here and I know that most people are pleasant most of the time.

Read it again--it IS Plumbers who throw the muck .

And YOU Dustbinman dan (called that- because you 'take anything and everything in)

Not entirely sure what this means, or if it makes any sense, but like I said....Pot calling the kettle.... You give it out but are too much of a shandy to take it.

Wish you'd get your keyboard fixed - you might start making a tad more sense.

Won't someone please think of the children......

Even plumbers have them :LOL:

I agree wholeheartedly. This is an invaluable forum when you are seeking advice. (Admittedly, I seek far more than I can give, but I shall advise whenever I feel able.)

The General Discussion forum is, I suppose, slightly different and I have found that most of the arrogance and rudeness lies there athough, I hasten to add, by no means everybody.

I wonder whether it might be a good idea to have a strictly moderated General Discussion forum and, alongside it, an unmoderated discussion forum for those who enjoy that sort of 'banter'. Certain members could then let rip with impunity!

Sponsored Links
Back