Insurance for building works?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - hopefully a simple question!

Would you recommend getting a separate stand-alone insurance policy to cover any damage done during building works (builders are already insured), or would you 'risk' possibly opening a can of worms by asking your building insurance company for advice/quote? Can anyone give arguments for and against, please?

Thanks in advance
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Yes, also if you don't notify your insurance company of the building works, you may not be covered at all. Ask your insurance company they may provide the cover you require.

Salem.

Many thanks, Salem. I guess I'll have to ring them. It's just I've heard a few nightmare stories about insurance companies' attitudes towards building works.

Our insurance is up for renewal just after the works are due to commence (mid Aug). Would it be acceptable to ring round for quotes, taking into account the increase in property value and size, etc?

Thanks
:)

yes, phone around. I do every time its due for renewal. Am now with Direct Line, saved £70 pa. and with most companys you save more if you do it online.

My insurance company had no probs with building work, when we had loft converted. they adjusted the exsisting policy to suit the works involved.

Salem.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again, Salem. They can't all be bad then. I'll give mine a ring in the next couple of days. If the worst comes to the worst, then I'll just go with a different company when renewal time comes round.

:D

Back