insurance for loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I am having a loft conversion in the future and was wondering about getting some form of insurance to safeguard myself in case the builder goes bust or cannot finnish the job due to accident or illness ect.Does this form of insurance exist in the trade or is the onus on the builder to be covered for these eventuallitys.regards

Sponsored Links
I think you'd be better off spending the time and money having decent drawings prepared to price & build from, finding a decent builder and not paying him in advance.

Have had plans and submitted to building regs have got a builder and agreed prices ,its just that you hear of so many builds going tits up that I thought it might be a good idea to get some insurance for the project.

Sponsored Links
As has been said above . . .If you only pay him for what he has actually done then if he does go under you still have the cash to pay another builder to do the bits he has not done.

Insurance is available for any risk but your insurer would expect to see a written contract, precise design drawings and payment plan and any deviation from these without the insurers agreement would result them not paying out. Not worth the effort when it can be handles by tying payment to progress.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back