Integrated appliances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I am about 60% through the fitting of my kitchen.

I had to do it myself as I cannot afford to pay a fitter, however I will be paying a carpenter to fit the Oak worktops.

I have 4 integrated appliances (Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine and Dishwasher).

I have managed to fit the dishwasher door with no problems, I haven't taken a look at the fridge/Freezer instructions yet, But I need some advice on the washing machine door.

The 4 doors that were sent to me all state that they are for the Fridge/Freezer.

They have 4 hinge holes already cut out, 2 either side.

I've managed to fit all the hinges/fittings on to the machine, but it now states that I have to use a router to mill the holes on the door for the hinges.

I just wanted to know if this is the norm and if so, why are they not already cut out.

Also is this the only way to cut out the holes needed, I do not have a router and have not used one before.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Cheers Alarm.

That's exactly what I'm going to do.

I've now got the Fridge, Freezer and Dishwasher doors fitted, so the only thing for the Chippy to do is the worktop and one door.

I've saved a bit of money by doing what I have.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
4 integrated appliances? ;) what about a cooker :eek:

or is a microwave sufficient? ;) ;)

(oh sh!t forgot the electrics !!! :evil: )

:mrgreen:

ps good on ya for giving it a go... DIY rules!!

Hi foxhole.

I'm thinking wether it would just be better for me to get the choppy to quickly cut the hole for me before he starts fitting the worktops or to get it done before he turns up.

Are these bits like the irwin blue groove wood bits, where they pull themselves through. The last thing I want is to end up going straight through the door.

Hi imamartian.

I do also have 2 built in cookers and hobs. It was cheaper than buying a range, yet gives my wife just as much cooking space and also looks very good.

I didn't mention them because they were pretty straight forward to fit.

Thanks.

Hi.

Just a quick question regarding the hinge cutter.

Will the forstner bits give me the same results.

Thanks.

The hinge cutter does not pull thru, just lift off when deep enough for hinge.
Practice on a scrap if unsure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back