Integrated Dishwasher as end unit, securing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, having new kitchen in my garage conversion...

On left hand side will he integrated dishwasher, ajd then fresh air to it's left as a walkway.. The sink will be to the right.

What makes the worktop secure? I ask as bar one end panel c18mm, and a thin back panel, it all looks not very rigid to me... In other words one good knock from my teenage boys and it's all falling in. Maybe metal 90 degree plates at back inside, a wood panel bottom back, and same behind the plinth?

Maybe it's obvious to others.

Sponsored Links
Hi, having new kitchen in my garage conversion...

On left hand side will he integrated dishwasher, ajd then fresh air to it's left as a walkway.. The sink will be to the right.

What makes the worktop secure? I ask as bar one end panel c18mm, and a thin back panel, it all looks not very rigid to me... In other words one good knock from my teenage boys and it's all falling in. Maybe metal 90 degree plates at back inside, a wood panel bottom back, and same behind the plinth?

Maybe it's obvious to others.
Should be fixed at as many points as possible .

Oak-End-Panel-2015-2-1.jpg

Fix the panels to the floor with angle brackets, then the worktop.
It will all be rigid.

Sponsored Links
Why can't you drill through the floor?
You could use soudal fixall under the panel to fix it to the floor, but I would prefer a mechanical fixing.

Looks like you have units to the end , how’s the dishwasher going to sit on floor?

OK hisense dish washing machine I foundhas big gap bottom 15cm at front, I guess can add wood behind the plinth to secure the side panels and avoid floor fixings. Not likely to service tye machine that often.

Set the end panel next to dishwasher in the desired position before fitting the dishwasher. Run a bead of clear silicone all the way around the base of the end panel and leave for 24 hours.

To support the top of the panel, fit the worktop and bracket the end panel to the worktop.

Fit dishwasher..

You be hard pressed to kick a siliconed panel out of position.

I just tiled it, not ruining the floor.
What's the schedule for re-jigging the kitchen layout so that you don't have that run of base units & DW finishing part way along a wall like that?

ok lots of different suggestions, thanks all, ill try to remember to upload a photo of how it looks in about 2 weeks .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back