Integrated dishwasher front panel question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Hotpoint dishwasher has packed up - not enough pressure going into the arms to turn them so I suspect the pumps knackered so it's time for replacement. We've had 21 years of daily use from it so not too bad. My question is, it has a front on it that matches our kitchen and I'm just wondering if they are universal fitment - have things changed in recent years? I fitted the original front myself but I can't remember how after 21 years! I don't want to get another integrated machine if our original front won't fit it. Surely it must though, shouldn't it? Its just a standard full size front door - are they a standard height? Can anyone shed any light on this?
It's reviews like this that have got me thinking...
"nowhere does the AO website list anything about how big your cupboard door can be. Mine was 1cm too high for this model and after installation was when i realised which is too late. anyone buying an integrated dishwasher needs to research how big the cupboard door can be, it should be listed on the website to check before we actually buy it. Waiting for it to be sent back and buy a model that can take larger kitchen doors. This needs to be added to the website along with the rest of the dimensions".

ATTACH]249198[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• F364EF0B-073E-4461-8C43-783F75F91B3D.jpeg
    F364EF0B-073E-4461-8C43-783F75F91B3D.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Lack of pressure may be the upper arm assembly not properly sealing into the fitment on the back wall of the dishwasher, which is either the deviator nut in the back wall, or some part of the upper basket has become dislodged, blocked or the ball inside that blocks the inlet not in use has fallen out.

If you get a new one, the same door will fit.

In some instances the plinth may need to be trimmed along the top edge to allow the door to open - depends on the particular dishwasher and exactly where the hinge is.
The measurements that matter are the width of the dishwasher, most are designed to fit in a 600mm width but some are narrower
and the depth - particularly if there are pipes/cables/other at the back of the space.
Height mostly unimportant unless your worktops are installed unusually low.

Reviews should generally be ignored - always heavily biased towards people who had problems of some kind, most of which were avoidable.
The review about the door being 1cm too tall is nonsense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back