Integrated fridge door hinge adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I've just moved into a new rented property and loving my new home.

Part of the rental agreement is that the appliances are my responsibility, although they were fitted when I moved in.

The fridge is an integrated model and whoever fitted the hinges to [the right hand side of] the door didn't do a good job, as you look at the unit the door is off square slightly so that it anti-clockwise a fraction. Also, it's just very slightly too low.
Both of these together means that the door does not seal properly on the top left corner when closed because there isn't enough overlap to create the vacuum.

this hinges of of the type in the link:

http://shop.timms.biz/product_info.php?products_id=37

Given that the door position is relative to the hinge, I'm very surprised that these are not adjustable, ant eh hinge is mounted to the fridge and the door with screws, into drilled holes. Not something that can be fine adjusted.

I've tried loosening all mounting screws and repositioning, but to no success. Can anyone help with some advice? As it is, my fridge is not holding temperature very well.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Accepting you are responsible for maintenance etc. I would expect things to be correct at the point in which you move in.

Yeah I'm going to go with that angle although just in case the letting agency aren't sharing my view I'm hoping someone has suggestions?

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back