Integrated fridge / freezers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all , i am looking to buy an integrated fridge freezer for a house i am moving to and i am looking for recomendations on brands that are straight forward to install into the housing and reliability at possibly not to extortionate money .
Howie .

Sponsored Links
Not as easy as that. You need to get one the correct height width and depth to make sure it fits inside your cabinet, and you need to make sure the doors split in the right place.

Indeed, if the wooden doors are 50/50 that gives you a lot more options. Any other configs are trickier. But many can be overcome by raising the appliance up inside the housing - there's normally quite a bit of give. My integ fridge freezer sits on 3 layers of 15mm chipboard (the shelves that came with the housing!) so that the door split is exactly central. Installation is fairly straightforward once you've measured the door split. I managed to get a good deal at AO.com with good delivery but you'll get an aftersales call to sell you insurance. Just ignore them (unless you actually want it!)

Steve and alan can i run this past you , the housing i am buying is 50/50 measuring 2100mm high x 570mm deep 600 wide it also has these two measurements
1018 door and 930 door .
A fridge / freezer i am looking at is 177 or 178 cm high x 540 wide x 549 deep , obviously it would fit in this space but how would you know if the doors will alien correctly , cheers Howie .

Sponsored Links
Adding your two doors together is 1948mm, so your cabinet is probably 1950mm plus height for the legs at 150mm. However the interior will be smaller by the thickness of the wood it's made of (top and bottom). So, assuming your 1018mm door is the bottom one, I reckon the first 16-18mm will be the base wood of the cabinet, thus leaving about 1000mm until the door split.

Assuming your fridge is around 50/50 split (bearing in mind it will also have feet) then the split's about 890mm, so you'd need to fit the fridge about 110mm high for the door splits to match. Lifting the fridge 110mm would make it 1890mm tall, so it would fit inside your 1915mm cabinet with 25 mm to spare.

Do some more reasearch to be sure before you buy. Often the exact sizes can be found on the manufacturers websites.

Personally I'd go for a wider fridge, something like 560mm wide, to get the extra capacity.

Thanks Alan, I have looked for 56 cm f/freezers they seem thin on the ground but will crack on.
Howie

On reflection I think you're right about the width. I remembered ours to be 560 wide but it has a trim on the sides blanking off a few mm so ours is probably 540 wide as you've found most to be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back