Integrated Garage Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 200mm knauff rockwool insulation between my joists in the garage with bedrooms above, its not plasterboarded yet, would you think thats sufficient as its all I can fit in the joists or would you recommend adding further celotex then plasterboard it or am I wasting time/money?

I also have steel beam supporting floor joists in the garage, whats the best way to insualt this, fill web with rockwool and board as well?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Also do I need a vapour barrier for the floor joists above garage, nothing has been mentioned from building control regarding this though.

I would use celotex PL4000 insulated plaster board which has a vapour barrier.

Sponsored Links
Also do I need a vapour barrier on the cold side or not?
Building control never mentioned it?

Leave what's there, and go over the joists with about 30mm of the celotex, then fire resistant plasterboard.

Leave what's there, and go over the joists with about 30mm of the celotex, then fire resistant plasterboard.

Ok thanks for that, is this because the 200mm rockwool is not enough?

I'll take a look at pricing for 30mm celotex.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back