INTEGRATED smeg dishwasher - flooded but how to drain?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, any help please as my warranty ran out weeks ago (surprise!).

My integrated Smeg DI6012 flood thing tripped last night, and E1 error showing. as it's integrated I can't see what if anything I can do to drain before trying reset - I am pretty handy but don't know what to do now. The kitchen plinth underneath has been in place for te years and runs the length of the kitchen so not sure how I can get at the base to drain - is it sheer brute force to lift it out??

There's some water in the salt reservoir, have tried clearing all plugholes in the sink as this did trigger a burn out last year, that led to this new dishwasher being installed. There was lots of gunk that had gone solid, and I was deeply ashamed..

Please - really skint - don't need to pay a fortune for this - would rather go back to washing up bowl... Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
From SMEG:

E1.

This alarm is generated when the float switch of the anti-overflowing system is kept “closed” by the water in the tray. In this situation the drain pump is activated until the float switch returns to the “open” position. This defect can be caused by, but not only, an internal leak or a defective float switch. The aquastop is a component that controls the flow of water into the appliance and can stop the flow of water if a leak is detected. This minimises the risk of flooding from the appliance. The aquastop is located at the rear of the appliance on the inlet water pipe and is sometimes referred to as an anti flood device or anti overflow system.

Thanks, bit of research told me all that. My issue is it's a fully-integrated built-in dishwasher like a sealed box, I have no idea where the float is located and whether I can get at it. Any advice please? Thanks!

You kick board probably just pulls off, whether or not you will need to pull more than one off depends in which order they've been put on (assuming you have a L, C shaped kitchen etc)

This should allow you to pull the machine out and access the machine.

Always a good idea to know how to get integrated appliances out anyway, as if the water supply pipe gets damaged you will want to be able to get it out sharpish!

If it was replaced last year, the kick board will have been off last year too

Sponsored Links
Integrated dishwashers are usually fixed in place with 2 screws at/near the top, either into the cabinets either side or into the worktop directly above.
Once the screws are removed, the legs need to be wound in a bit to create a space between the top of the machine and the cabinet, the machine will then pull forwards.

Front legs should be easily accessible with the plinth removed. The rear one/s either have a winding screw in the front centre of the machine, or for cheapo models it's a case of grovelling around at arms length with a spanner.

Lift the machine from the inside top, do not pull on the door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back