Integrated Washing Machine on Uneven Floor!?!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am finally fitting our kitchen and have a problem with the uneven floor. We have had solid wood fitted but as advised didn't have it fitted under the units. This now means I have to use the metal cross bars to raise the washing machine at the back where it sits on the concrete sub floor.

My question is, is it best to raise it to the max using these or to have it sitting with a lower centre of gravity and also use the plastic strip that goes in between the worktop and maching itself?? Is it possible to use this even when having granite worktops fitted?

My concern is that as the floor is uneven and the W/M is going right next to the dishwasher, with it raised so high it will make a right racket when on full spin?

Will this be a prob or am I worrying about nothing if the machine is levelled properly?

Many thanks and Happy New Year!!

Sponsored Links
I think your biggest problem with not having the flooring under the washer, will be getting it in/out for maintenance. I would suggest that you level the sub floor with the flooring, perhaps using plywood or self leveling cement., & then level the washer on that. The height of your cupboard doors will determine what height the machine needs to be, as it is integrated.

Hi,

Thanks jj4091, I was thinking about that. The only problem being then is that the subfloor is quite uneven so plywood would only help a bit (well, it would be better actually) but would still be at a different level to the solid floor, I could take it higher I suppose!?

The hinge holes for the cupboards have not been drilled so surely I can have the W/M at any height I like and adjust the position of the hinges accordingly?

Thanks again!!

Sponsored Links
Yes you are probably correct about the washer height, I was thinking the holes would have been pre-drilled. How about using a couple of tubes of mastic to bed the plywood on so that you can set the height & level easily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back