Integrated whirpool appliance-door removal-help req

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently moved and am planning to replace kitchen in next 1-2 years but have decided to change kitchen handles.
Problem is that I cant see how the integrated doors come off.
They are fixed on with 4 brackets, slotted to allow a screw in the appliance door to slide in. Only thing is the slots are not all in the same direction, i'd thought that i could take off door and slide the wooden door off the appliance but cannot.
If anyone has experience with this i would appreciate any help.
The appliances are whirlpool and the kitchen is a graham, about 6-7 years old.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing that the one you describe is a fridge or freezer.
Open the door and push the door seal back a little, at the level of the fixing studs you'll see a hole. Screwdriver in to unscrew, you only have to slacken them and the door will move across and unclip, then slide opposite way to detach.
Different method for dishwashers and washing machines though.

Thanks very much sleepyhead, doors off and advice excellent. Just looked a bit odd that the slots weren't all in the same direction.

Should have better things to do on a friday night than change door handles though....

cheers again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back