Interbuild in Oct

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone going?

Ill be there on the 29th..not far from the Bar!

Sponsored Links
Too busy... too busy... too busy...

Battletofight.jpg

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL:
(More I'm too busy with clients and have already excellent suppliers in place ;))

I might be making an exibition of meself in the bar.. :evil:

Just visiting..team building day apparently.

To be honest it bores me to tears, its just a salemans forum, full of Gareth Cheesemans...hopefully our manager will put th block on it in time.

They offer 'special' on the day deals then you go home to find the same product cheaper in Argos or Screwfix..dewalt is a prime example.

An to think they charge some people 20 quid for the privilige of getting in and listening to ''oh yeh we are one of the leading blah de ****ing blah'' and the other classic ''I wouldnt try to sell it if I didnt beleive in it''
and listen out for..''if I can take your details I'll send you some literature'' (he wont) :rolleyes:

The ideal home show is more fun and more interesting.

I normally pop along for some new tapes, pencils and a notepad or two.

If I have time, I look around the exhibitors

We should start a poll on which stand has the best "must-see" totty. lol

There does not seem to be the amount or variety of exhibitors as there were at past shows - few window and doors, none of the major brick/block/structural componnent companies, I did not see any bathroom or kitchen suppliers nor heating/boiler companies and electrical things.

There were more tool suppliers than anything else.

Regards totty, Screwfix had a good turn out ... playing with balls too!

I normally pop along for some new tapes, pencils and a notepad or two.

If I have time, I look around the exhibitors

We should start a poll on which stand has the best "must-see" totty. lol

Apparently the freebie situation is poor this year..so its back to the nicking!!

Im there tomorrow, I was hoping it would be snowed off...but its only a dusting.. :(

I hope the food and drink is still reasonable and they aint gone down the British tradition of 'get em in and rip em off' route..

Guys like you make me laugh.

What you don't seem to realise is that the salesmen (or Gareth Cheesmans as you so cleverly put it :rolleyes: ) are about as interested at going to these things as you are.
99% of these reps spend most of their time selling to shops / distributors where they will pick up substantial orders rather than the odd item here or there.
Most of the time you'll find that they're taking the pi$$ by over exaggerating everything when they give you their pitch because it's the only way for them to kill time.

Just remember the next time you go to a show and whinge to the Dewalt rep about being able to get a better deal on the net / screwfix etc - he probably couldn't give a monkeys, as instead of listening to you go on about ordering a new drill or a new jigsaw, or asking him what he's going to throw in free, he could be going to see one of his regular customers and be selling tools in hundreds.

and how does he know that the guy he is talking to may not place a large order of the back of a visit to a trade stand. narrow vision works both ways

Just remember the next time you go to a show and whinge to the Dewalt rep about being able to get a better deal on the net / screwfix etc - he probably couldn't give a monkeys

I dont whinge, I dont need to, along with many others I just clock the 'special' prices and keep walking.

Its contemptuous to treat people like fools,..a manufacturer was selling saws on one stand at the 'special show discounted rate'...that were more expensive than the same one in the Screwfix catalogue.

Hardly anyone buys anything there because they know the score.

Most of the time you'll find that they're taking the pi$$ by over exaggerating everything when they give you their pitch because it's the only way for them to kill time.
Just remember the next time you go to a show and whinge to the Dewalt rep about being able to get a better deal on the net / screwfix etc - he probably couldn't give a monkeys

Committed bunch then arnt they..I wonder if their bosses knew how dedicated to selling something 'they wouldnt unless they really believed in it'

And as Thermo rightly says are they aware that the person who they are spinning their **** too might be their next big deal..surely thats got to be easier money than belting up and down the country in their vectras with a mobile undertheir chin while balancing a laptop on their knees and reading map while doing 80mph and flashing their light behind someone on the motorway..

Not that im one for generalising.. :D ;) [/quote]

Sponsored Links
Back