Intergas 24/18 2010 installation - loud noise ...

Sponsored Links
zielinir";p="3300020 said:
After having good look at this chart it does look a bit like that. I have recorded video (not sure I can post it here) which shows that it goes from 6 to 3 to 1 and then back 3, 4 and 6..
It completes that cycle within roughly 2:30 - 3:00 minutes. Stays for a minute or so in 6 and then does that same cycle again....

And here is the video if of any help... http://youtu.be/tiH_JN1Nll8

The noise suggests a poorly assembled flue or outer case.

Can't say much about the water temperature without taking measurements and hooking the boiler up the my laptop.

The noise suggests a poorly assembled flue or outer case.

Can't say much about the water temperature without taking measurements and hooking the boiler up the my laptop.

Sorry, the nose (that loud metallic bang) it was our bin's lid ;)
Just let me know when and how much would that cost me.
I think I would want to first understand what is wrong / needs to be done before committing to any work.
Can't spend zillions on it - already paid £120 fir the S1 replacement :( ...

Sponsored Links
I think I would want to first understand what is wrong / needs to be done before committing to any work.

Are you expecting someone to visit and tell you what's wrong for free then?

Are you expecting someone to visit and tell you what's wrong for free then?

Oh no - that wasn't my intention at all - want to understand how much would that be - that's all!

We'll talk specifics on the phone, but I suggest a good service, parameter check, give the thing a good run with the laptop charting the performance and take it from there.

Noise wise, I was referring to the whistling, but mobile phones have noise canceling algorithms which are by their very nature going to change a lot of the noises we listen out for.

Your biggest concern might turn out to be finding the gas pipe undersized with the boiler miles away from the meter like the poor lady I saw the other week. Gas Safe and HSE are involved now. Installer has a squeeky backside as a result as the rectification order will cost him a fair bit :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back