Intergas 24/18 locking out 'fault code 4'

Status
Not open for further replies.
These pair of conceited and arrogant clowns go on to say I should read the forum rules!

I think that you may have been referring to me above which I find abusive.

You may also find that it would have been correct to say "This" rather than "These".

Since you seem unable/unwilling to read the forum rules for yourself this is what is said about advice on gas issues:-

This site does not support DIY gas and posts giving advice on gas work, or encouraging or suggesting it, may be deleted. However, posts are not routinely monitored, so no work should be done as a result of seeing anything on the site.

ANYONE PERSISTENTLY GIVING ADVICE REGARDING WORK ON THE LISTED COMPONENTS OR REPEATING IT ONCE DELETED, CAN EXPECT TO HAVE THEIR MEMBERSHIP OF THE SITE REVOKED.

Anyone seeing such a post should raise an"Alert" so it can be dealt with.

Knowledgeable members should refer to this section, avoiding any confrontational or abusive language at all times.

Sponsored Links
Agile/Tony. Having just reviewed all the posts on this thread I note that you have not made any remarks towards me that were in any way derogatory or abusive. Please accept my unreserved apology for wrongly including you in my 'robust' response against those who I considered insulted me originally. I got it wrong mate and take back anything untoward I said that may have applied to you. Once again apologies.

Dan allow me to quote you:- "Call a Gas Safe registered engineer and try not to sound like a smart ar********"

If you don't think that's a rude arrogant insult then...well go figure, it speaks volumes about you!

My my, what a delicate flower you are.

And you expect us to believe that you worked in the construction industry? :LOL:

And you think your response was balanced and proportionate?

Oh dear :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Remember that I suggested that you read the posts carefully? It seems you did not ;)

Sponsored Links
Norf*ckboilerman, go start your own thread and stay out of mine. How about telling us about those six fingered gloves you wear buddy? Or perhaps learning to read? Then maybe check and read my original enquiry and all further posts. A person posting an enquiry cannot possibly breach this forums protocol on gas safe advice. Only the person responding can. Duh!! So instead of quoting mantra like the WELL KNOW FACT that you can't advise specifically on gas issues. Why not answer the questions you CAN answer. And besides anyone with an ounce of intelligence (I realise this excludes you and other contributors to my thread!) can answer a general enquiry gas related or not because it would in no way remotely breach the gas safe protocol of this forum. GEDDIT? No I didn't think so.

Allow me to elaborate, as I feel the need to labour the point. If I asked how do I remove the gas valve off a boiler. I get that you are not allowed to answer that. BUT if I ask as I did does a replacement ignition module (ELECTRICAL NOT GAS!!!!!!) on (the boiler in question) ALSO require a new gas valve because the current replacement module is incompatible. Then you are NOT breaking any gas safe protocol on this forum!! You are simply stating a fact that the two components are not compatible with each other. DUH!!

Firstly, I'd like to know which of my comments were derogatory or abusive.

Secondly, any work carried out on the ignition module requires the removal of the front cover. The front cover of the boiler forms a seal that should be maintained. So, any work requiring the removal of the front cover on the Intergas HRE range that is recommended on this forum does technically break at least one of the forum rules.

James.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back