Intergas boilers any good ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are these any good does anyone know ? saw a rep bigging them up but then he would do ! all looks good but on the face of it ! :unsure:

Sponsored Links
certainly not the best make but equally not the worst, probably not a helpful comment but what else could i say

well I like them :LOL: install nothing else now. so yes I rate them highly.

certainly not the best make but equally not the worst, probably not a helpful comment but what else could i say

Have you installed any, attended training or seen at trade event etc. What if anything don't you like about them?

Sponsored Links
thanks gasman77, you're correct didn't say anything against them just said there is better and there is

With my installer head on i use my judgement and experience and install boilers that are going to give the customer hopefully years of trouble free service but do realise that boilers break down at sometime.
So when they do i want them to be simple to fix ,cheap parts and most importantly readily avialable same day parts as i do look after customer for a lifetime and dont advise service contracts with the big companies.

But over the years manufacturers and reps will turn up at trade shows and merchants and blind certain installers with science and say there boiler is the best thing since sliced bread .
These boilers get fitted for a couple of years and then the faults start appearing and the installers in most cases will not go back to these boiler and because of there low volume of sales the parts can be difficult to come by so they bump them onto BG to repair them .

Have seen this happen every few years over the past 30 years whether the Intergas becomes one of these remains to be seen personally i would leave it another couple of years to see what turns up.

Just fitted one indoors and can't praise them enough.

As it happens I had a problem with one of the factory settings.

Gave them a call and the engineer called in at the arranged time, and made a few adjustments.

10/10 A pleasure to do business with a caring Company :cool:

DIA so what you are saying is you got a brand new boiler and it had to be fixed straight away and a guy of your experience(not a pi55 take comment) could not adjust it and it needed a manufacturers visit.
And your happy with that ?

DIA so what you are saying is you got a brand new boiler and it had to be fixed straight away and a guy of your experience(not a pi55 take comment) could not adjust it and it needed a manufacturers visit.
And your happy with that ?

Very happy with that namsag.

Many posters have shown concern about spares etc if it breakdown, well now we know, you don't need to worry. They turn up on the dot to get the problem sorted asap. That to me means a lot and tells me a lot about the Company.

The CO² is a factory setting and it says in the installation manual that if it isn't within the parameters to call them, so I did.

The response was second to none, I find it comforting that they are ahead of the game by a mile compared to any of the other manufacturers I've not had the pleasure to phone.

And as for phoning you back because the lines are busy, it's unheard of.

Well it is good that they came out but its still a fault and surely you dont think in 3 years time they would be out as quick when its not under g`tee or sales volumes increase.

Manufacturers phoning back aint Special to them Dia if baxi dont phone me back within an hour they pay me over 30 quid and i have never had to claim it and i would imagine there call volume is far higher than intergas.

But your happy and thats the main thing

Are Baxi/Potty doing fixed price repairs cheaper that you can buy the parts, so in affect taking work away from you. ;)

My tuppence worth. No baxi fixed price repair is nearly 300 quid. so i doubt they would take work from anyone

at the end of the day we all work to live.

as an installer, intergas give me the right mix of quality, price and performance .

I can push them to my customers because I am 100% happy with them. I can give a 5 year warranty and have a box of spare parts to make sure my customers come first every time.

in the last year I have fitted nothing else, one boiler does everything...I can even fit it as an open vented combi :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back