Intergas combi boilers

My system is a ridiculous experiment..,. But it is based on a system boiler, slightly oversized rads, weather sensing, internal sensing and a carefully De-configured thermal store (for your purpose it is a good quality 150 litre unvented cylinder). Underfloor heating on the ground floor .

But some of it is a relatively new addition and the true efficiency is something I don't want to judge for a while. But that is largely due to the floor construct I have. (Solid with no insulation ).

My point is sizing for hot water is a dodgy path. Have you tried your shower at 9 litres?

Originally my thermal store was to do both heating and hot water, but a basic oversight on my part led me to disconnect the heating and try something else. I will return to the original experiment later.

Remember though that I do this for a living and as long as my wife is warm can do what I like. All it costs me is time. You are (hopefully) paying someone t o do the work as well as materials .

Sponsored Links
Didn't realise that the DHW flow switch was jammed on effectively destratifying the store when in fact I was trying to work out the effectiveness (or not) of a dual zone thermals store making the most of wasted heat through the OT protocol.

Has since added a "pump on" neon indicator and have the circlip pliers to take the switch to pieces.

Found a tiny sliver of Grey PBEX pipe. Fook knows where it came from as there was none in that part of the system at that stage of the build. :confused:

I didn't realise the pump was running until doing some ancillary work nearby and heard the hum. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back