Intergas Combi HRE 36/30 - DHW & Thermostatic Shower Val

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have an issue with the temperature of the water from the shower.

It warm, verging on hot but not quite as hot as I would like it. I will say at this point that it is perfectly usable. It's just that when I come in from a long cycle in the wet and/or cold it's a few degrees under what I would like it to be.

The system was all installed brand new a couple of months ago.

New 28mm feed from the meter to the house by the boiler. the the cold runs to the boiler and spurs off to the rest of the house on 22mm.

The DHW runs from the boiler to the shower mixer on 22mm and is the first stop so to speak.

The symptoms are that when you turn the mixer past 38 degrees it does not get any hotter. I have unassembled the mixer and re calibrated it to the max it will go, still no noticeable difference in temp.

I think the issue might be with the pressure of the cold feed in to the shower mixer vs the DWH pressure from the boiler. So that the mixer is getting overwhelmed by the cold and can not get any hotter. The DWH on all the taps is scolding!

I have the boiler set to 65 degrees on the DWH, the highest it can go.

I have tried turning on a cold tap with the shower running to see if the reduction in pressure would help. It did seem to a little but the major effect was the flow reduced drastically. Not really what I was looking for!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have got the place where I got the shower mixer from the send me another on so I can swap it out and see if the cartridge is duff, but i doubt if it is.

Is there any way to turn the DWH past 65 on the boiler? Or does that introduce other issues?

Regards,

Simpic

Sponsored Links
What is the flow rate through the shower?

Setting the boiler for a higher temperature will do precisely Jack.

Have you measured the temperature of the water leaving the boiler?

Is the bath temperature OK?

The boiler will only do 13 litres per minute at 35 tempo rise. Assuming it is receiving the correct amount of gas.

As a little side tip. Set your heating temperature to 70. Maybe even 65. Not got much to do with your problem, but will help long term.

Thanks for the reply.

Bath temp is super hot as are the rest of the taps.

To measure the flow rate at the shower do I just use a bucket?

And for the temp at the boiler?

Regards,

Simpic

A pipe thermostat,

Stop watch and bucket.

If the bath is the same or greater flow through the shower, then you have:

A - duff cartridge in the shower
B - Unbalanced pressure on the hot and cold (very unlikely).
C - too much hot flow through the shower.

Not much else to go wrong with your system.

Sponsored Links
Ok,

So very basic test... results are: -

Shower 2.5l = 20 sec
Bath 2.5l = 18 sec

So near as damn it the same.

I'll have to buy a pipe thermostat.

Regards,

Simpic

All sorted.

Looks like it was a duff cartridge.

Super hot shower now. Happy man.

Regards,

Simpic

Depending on where you are and what killed it, and how bored you are likely to get; try soaking the old one in white vinegar over night and trying it again.

Might give a spare.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a go.

It was only two months old mind and I don't think it ever really got properly hot.

does anybody out there no how to change the intergas boiler to summer mode hot water only as the booklet is not very clear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back