Intergas Eco RF 24 help needed

It wouldn't be the first time :LOL:.

Should have seen today's abortion :eek:. Nice customers too. Screwed over by two builders in a row in the same project. Was referred to them by their friends who had the same set of muppets major a pig's ear of their Heating system.

Sponsored Links
Was referred to them by their friends who had the same set of muppets major a pig's ear of their Heating system.
ye that makes me laugh when a friend has a shelf built or hung a door they then recommend them a fabulous builders :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: the same goes with plumbing and gas engineers , for example ; with just having a part changed and i used to know him as well :cautious: Strange Pin Piercing Pipe :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Okay, i just have to hope they haven't made a pig's ear of my heating system! Although, hopefully not as the contractor claims to have used (and has tried to charge me two grand extra for) two proper heating guys purely because i added a UVC to the spec (even tho i supplied it myself) Originally, i was going with a storage combi. I understand a UVC system is more complicated, but surely not that much more complicated!

It's not much more complicated, but there is more pipework. Not sure if it's £2k's worth, but we haven't seen the job.

The plumbing and electrics are the core of the house. I wish (and I don't specifically mean the OP) people would be more proactive in vetting the design /quality of installer and intended materials earlier in the projects..

Sponsored Links
The plumbing and electrics are the core of the house. I wish (and I don't specifically mean the OP) people would be more proactive in vetting the design /quality of installer and intended materials earlier in the projects..

Amen to that brother (y)

With hindsight I now see what you mean. But we laymen don't know these things in advance. And, if you're going to subcontract parts of the project yourself, it adds a fair amount of complexity: you have to then manage those parts yourself. Typically, you put the whole thing to tender and assume the chosen contractor will employ suitably-qualified people. Some might, but i now know that most will underprice the contract to win it, then employ jacks of all trades to do the electrics and plumbing. They only get pros in if they absolutely have to... and then charge you extra for it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back