Intergas boiler behaving as a combi despite having a UVC.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Intergas ECO RF 24. It's recently been installed with a Joule Cyclone indirect UVC. My understanding was the ECO RF can act as a system boiler despite being a combi. However, i noticed that the HW tap in the kitchen appears to be calling for heat from the boiler (as you would expect with a combi system). But surely this should not happen as i have a UVC. Does this behaviour sound right?

Sponsored Links
You sure its not been piped in that way uvc for bath / and kitchen tap off the combi

You sure its not been piped in that way uvc for bath / and kitchen tap off the combi

It's possible i guess; is that a typical set up?
[I only checked the kitchen tap as i can see the boiler from there (and it's the only sink that has been connected to the drainage)!]

its how i fitted mine , no point having a full tank of water for doing dishes , bathroom sink hot tap is off the combi side as well on mine

Sponsored Links
its how i fitted mine , no point having a full tank of water for doing dishes , bathroom sink hot tap is off the combi side as well on mine

I will check. Makes perfect sense. In fact, i hope they've done the bathrooms like that too (but i have a feeling they haven't). Thanks again.

Ask the installer he'll probably know.
I'd expect that sort of thing to be discussed

I suspect they haven't quite put it in as intended, which is consistent with what we suspected last time you posted about this. It needs someone familiar with the boiler to come and wire/set it up properly for you (and possibly alter the plumbing to suit as well).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back