Intergas flues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if current Intergas flues (for X series) are suitable for outside? I would need it run for about 2 meters on top of flat roof...

Sponsored Links
You can't run Intergas flues externally. I have had this battle with them several times recently. TBF the flue manufacturer stipulate this to them rather than the other way around, but unlike in the good old days, they're rather rigid now with what "engineering solutions" an installer can come up with.

That's a shame, but yes I'm aware things could be done a a cost to resolve this, but I was hoping to avoid that...

Sponsored Links
Sorry to bring this up again - are there any warranty implications if a third party flue is fitter to intergas?

Also I'm thinking out loud - does it have to run along the roof to the outside perimeter of the house or can it just finish on the flat roof if nothing is directly above it (although there is a wall on the side)?

So what would be the solution then? Building up a cover on top of Intregas flue?

I have probably wrongly assumed there was a reason for not using a vertical terminal in the previous installation. Currently it raises the flue about a meter over the roof and then another meter to the right. It can't be due to cost (I'm sure simple vertical terminal would have been cheaper than two meters of flue plus 90 degree elbow).

I thought its something to do with regs...

Upstairs neighbours window (or your bedroom window) just above where the terminal would sensibly have gone?

I'll make a picture during daylight, so that its more concrete discussion. There are no windows on the closest wall, there is a tiny toilet window on another wall about 1m away from the vertical section of the flue...

Here is what I'm talking about. Not sure if vertical terminal could be used here...

Attachments

• IMG_20190223_120543.jpg
    IMG_20190223_120543.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 208

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back