Intergas flues

Sponsored Links
Flue to the outside without going through the flat roof and then a plume management kit to take the pluming to a compliant position.

Oh, that's going to even more challenging I think. The cost of making another hole in the main wall, sealing flat roof and then still outside I have another plastic roof covering the area between the house and garage where any exit of flue would still need to be sealed...

Shall I abandon intergas route and look for something else, like atag ic economiser?

Sponsored Links
I was told atag flues can be run externally. Same as Vaillant ones (which is there atm).

Last edited:
That's why I asked what are alternative manufacturers that allow to flue externally. I'm less than keen on Vaillant (although I guess I would not need to do anything significant with the flue, as currently I have 831). I was told about atag, but I just feel a bit uneasy about support/service of it. What else?

That's why I asked what are alternative manufacturers that allow to flue externally. I'm less than keen on Vaillant (although I guess I would not need to do anything significant with the flue, as currently I have 831). I was told about atag, but I just feel a bit uneasy about support/service of it. What else?
If you want long and external flues look at the Navien range. Navien are the biggest maker of combis in the world, and the biggest seller in the USA. Well priced and quality. Available from the Plumbase national outlets. Their flues use off-the-shelf cheap plastic piping that extend great lengths.

I suggest you seriously look into this boiler in your situation. ATAG have extended flues but are very expensive boilers.

When it comes to complex fluing Intergas are not there yet.

Their flues use off-the-shelf cheap plastic piping that extend great lengths.

Is there a valid engineering (*) reason a boiler flue has to be one supplied by the manufacturer of the boiler. ? The condensate drain is a part of the flue system. Why does condensate pipe not have the same restrictions as flue pipe ?

Profit from selling over priced pipe work is not a valid engineering reason

Is there a valid engineering (*) reason a boiler flue has to be one supplied by the manufacturer of the boiler. ? The condensate drain is a part of the flue system. Why does condensate pipe not have the same restrictions as flue pipe ?

Profit from selling over priced pipe work is not a valid engineering reason

In other countries mixing flues and boilers is often acceptable but the boiler market here is very different....in the UK we pay a lot less for boilers and manufacturers make up the profit on the fluing.
In addition the subtle differences between different manufacturers flue terminals/elbows etc would probably complicate the equivalent length calculations even further especially when plume management kits are utilised.

Despite all the regulations modern boiler flues are less safe than at any time since the banning of open flues.

Indeed, the boiler manual tends to have the kpA for the flue and fittings to allow the flue installer (often not the boiler installer) to work out the necessaries

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back