Intergas must be doing really well ...

@Mr.B have you ever given this much thought to your boiler before needing to replace it? And once installed, will you really ever give it so much thought again?

It makes me laugh these days... Buyers regret is yet another mental health issue!
:)

Sponsored Links
A new brand or franchise is sometimes fashionable for a while.

I always enjoy seeing a new boiler commended by being the the most popular in some country or other yet Worcester are most popular in the UK and are almost dismissed out of hand on forums here. But couldn't that be the case elsewhere could it surely?

I think sometimes we get carried away and don't look at the overall package. Sometimes a boiler can be mechanically fantastic but the backup is so poor they don't achieve anything like the sales they should.

I think it's widely accepted that WB are physically ok middle of the road boilers but with superb backup.

Would people rather have a boiler that breaks down on average (say) every two years and is fixed the next day or dies every three years and take two weeks to resolve?

@Mr.B have you ever given this much thought to your boiler before needing to replace it? And once installed, will you really ever give it so much thought again?

It makes me laugh these days... Buyers regret is yet another mental health issue!
:)

Not entirely sure what point you're making there, dilalio - but in answer to the question: Well, I have, in the past, given the boiler all the thought, care and attention it has needed (for the past 15 years in fact) insofar as I've had it serviced and repaired when necessary, have kept the water clean with ample routine additive and occasional cleaning procedures ... beyond that I haven't dwelt upon unduly.

But now I'm considering its replacement, then, yes, I guess I am giving it more thought. Is that considered to be in some way a problem or a drawback?

And to conclude this line of enquiry, .... "And once installed, will you really ever give it so much thought again?" .... Well, provided the instal goes OK and provided it works OK then I don't imagine I will.

If it makes you laugh then I don't know whether to be pleased for you or to apologise, but either way I can assure you it won't be causing me (and I suspect you), any mental health issues.

Not entirely sure what point you're making there, dilalio

Not a point. Just chat in general. I think a lot of that gets missed in keyboard conversation and I try to overcome that.
That aside, I do also believe that most of us worry too much about things we shouldn't these says :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back